Wishing Tree Merry Christmas
This is a new hot foil die from Hero Arts. When I saw it I knew I wanted to try it out for my yearly Christmas Card. I really like the clean and simple look and I always hot the letter press look to hot foiling.
I started with a quarter sheet of green cardstock and a panel of gold hot foil of the same size. The tree and sentiment were held in place with tape and then the die was run through the Gemini Foilpress and Gemini Junior. There was some overfoiling that was removed with a sand eraser. Also the sentiment sifted a little and so the panel was cut down with a stitched rectangle die to straighten the design and sentiment.
I used Gina K. Designs Grass Green cardstock because she has discontinued her Christmas Pine and if I would select this card to be my Christmas card for the year I would need additional paper than what I had on hand. To darken the cardstock the edges were ink blended with Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Pine Ink.
The hot foil panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
· Hero Arts Hot Foil Wishing Tree
· Spellbinders Glimmer Holiday Sentiments 2
· Crafters Companion Papercraft Hot Foil Gold
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Pine Ink
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Grass Green Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive