My husband and I grew up near the Grand Teton Mountains. When I saw this die from Honey Bee Stamps I decided to get it to create his Father's Day Card. I was disappointed in the die. I thought it would cut layers, but it does not. I tried a couple of methods of coloring the different elements in the scene and finally decided on Copic Markers. Even this took a couple of tries. I finally was able to make the distinction between the different pine trees by adding blue sky between them, but in reality you would be seeing the green grass of the hills, but you just couldn't see the trees when you were using that much green.
I decided to have purple mountain majesty for the mountain peaks. They really do look purple at times. I found a scrap of blue cardstock and ink blended the edges and adhered it behind the mountain scene for the sky.
The entire scene was popped up using sticky back foam that was cut using the die as well. I cut the edges down enough to have a small border around the image when placed on an A2 landscape card.
I also purchased The Wise One stamp set. I really like it for Father's Day or masculine birthday cards. I stamped it with blue ink and cut it out with the coordinating die. Very thin strips of low loft foam tape were added to the back. The best place to adhere it was over the lake.
Overall I like the way it turned out, it was just time consuming and I don't know how often I will use this die.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lakeside Scene Building
· Honey Bee Stamps The Wise One
· Copic Markers: G29, G28, G24; G24, G21, G20; YG67, YG17, YG03; C5, C3, C2; G46, G43, G40; B01, B000, B0000; BV02, BV01, BV00, BV000; E59, E57, E55
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Ink Cadette
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape