The Best Dad Ever
I decided to make Michael's Father's Day card similar to the design I used for some graduation cards this year. I created some striped glitter paper using the Simon Says Stamp Strips 1 and 2 dies. They were adhered to a quarter sheet of typing paper, covered with dotliner adhesive, on an angle. The word "DAD" was cut using the Altenew Bold Caps Alphabet Dies, as well as from blue sticky back foam. They two were adhered together by removing the backing paper on the foam.
For the secondary sentiments, white cardstock was ink blended with blue Distress Oxide Inks in an ombre of darkest to lightest. These letters were cut using the My Favorite Things Little Uppercase dies.
A rectangle of white cardstock was cut using a Memory Box Stitched Rectangle die, which adds great cross stitched detail to the cutout. Visual interest was added by adding some detail to the rectangle using the Simon Says Stamp Square Dance Stencil and Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass Ink. 0
The letters were ;aid on the stenciled rectangle to determine placement and the smaller letters were adhered in place with liquid glue, using a T-Square Ruler to ensure they were aligned at the bottom. The larger letters were then adhered in place with liquid glue.
I really liked the way the card was turning out, but it needed some additional visual interest so I pulled out a die I purchased because there are men who love fishing in my family. My husband does as well. He doesn't go as often as he would like because he doesn't like to go alone and right now he doesn't have a companion to go with him in Texas, but I thought he would still appreciate a fishing accents on his card.
I cut the rod from silver mirror cardstock and the fish from rainbow mirror cardstock. A little bit of foam was added where they didn't overlap the "DAD" word.
The stenciled rectangle was added to a top folding blue denim cardbase and the outside of the card was done.
I really wanted to make this card special, so I contacted our kids and asked them to give me adjectives that described their Dad. I then created a collage in Microsoft word of these words for the inside of the card. I love the way this turned out and I'm sure he will treasure the wonderful things his kids had to say.
· Altenew Caps Bold Alphabet Dies
· My Favorite Things Little Uppercase Alphabet Dies
· Gina K. Designs Gone Fishing Dies
· Simon Says Stamp Strips 1 and 2 Dies
· Doodlebug Designs Dark and Light Blue Glitter Cardstock
· The Paper Studio Rainbow Foil Cardstock
· Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Blue Denim Base Weight Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Typing Paper
· Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Die
· Blue Sticky Back Foam
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Simon Says Stamp Square Dance Stencil
· Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Blue Jeans, Prize Ribbon Ink
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive