Thanks be to God
I love Christmas. I love how the world seems to be a little kinder and generous. I love the story of the birth of Christ and those who came seeking him. Even though I only select one design for the 100 Christmas cards I make, I make a lot of different cards to decide which I like best. This new die and stamp set from Simon Says Stamp is beautiful. I've seen black silhouettes and white die cuts and a lot of variations in between. I decided to do white dies cuts and add a little sand ink to the edges of the hills. I made sure the top hill was large enough to stamp and heat emboss the sentiment, which I love as well. This babe in a manger who grew to be our Savior and redeemer is the greatest, most indescribable gift.
A panel of white cardstock was ink blended with three blue Distress Oxide inks. I added some Perfect Pearl water to the background, as well as some Ranger Crystal Stickles stars. The die cuts were adhered in place with liquid glue and the panel was adhered to a side folding white cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
I originally just had the star cut from white glitter cardstock. I decided to stamp the star from the set with gold pigment ink, but didn't feel it gave enough details, so I pulled out a gold pen to add rays from the star. You'll have to let me know which you like best.
· Simon Says Stamp First Night
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Silver Embossing Powder
· Gina K. Designs Sandy Beach Ink
· Distress Oxide Salty Ocean, Prize Ribbon, Chipped Sapphire Inks
· Perfect Pearls
· Ranger Crystal Stickles
· Hammermill Premium Color White 100# Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents White Glitter Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Brilliance Galaxy Gold Pigment Ink
· Gold Opaque Pigment Fine Marker