Strong is the Only Choice
I have a couple of friends from church that are going through some difficult times and don't feel they have the strength to face them. I have learned through my life experiences that we can handle hard things with the help of the Lord, and because there really isn't any other choice but to put one foot in front of the other and persevere. Eventually things will become easier.
I wanted to send them some encouragement cards and pulled out this old be terrific stamp from My Favorite Things. I created two separate designs, one pink and gray and the other green and yellow. I love how both of them turned out.
For the pink and gray card the sentiment was stamped onto Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with Memento London Fog Ink and then cut down using a scalloped rectangle, leaving more room on the left for some die cut flowers. A rectangle of gray patterned paper from BoBunny was cut to cover the front of an A2 cardbase and adhered in place with dotliner adhesive. The sentiment panel was adhered to the card front with Darice Sticky Back Foam.
I pulled out Hero Arts Boutique and Envelope Accessories and used some of the flowers from each using pink and green cardstock. I love these flowers, they are small enough that they can be used a a lovely embellishment to a larger sentiment. Shadows and details were added to the flowers and stems with Copic Markers and then they were adhered to the left of the card with liquid glue. Ranger Crystal Stickles was added to the flower centers for a little sparkle and shine and the card was done.
· My Favorite Things DC Vertical Greetings
· Hero Arts Boutique Accessories
· Hero Arts Envelope Accessories
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle die
· Copic Markers: RV14, RV13, RV10; G99, G97, YG67, YG03; E29, E27, E23
· Memento London Fog Ink
· Gina K. Designs Grass Green and Dusty Rose Base Weight Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· BoBunny Isabella Collection Paper Pack
· Barely Art Precision Craft Glue
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Ranger Crystal Stickles
· Darice Sticky Back Foam