Stand Where It's Shining
I hadn't been out on SplitCoast Stampers for months. Yesterday I pulled up the site and the first thing I saw was a card made by Joanne Basile for MFT Stamps back in April of 2014. I loved the quote. I went looking for the stamp and it was retired, but I found out the quote was by Guy Finley. It is such an inspiring message that I decided to recreate it in Photoshop Elements so that I could make a kitchen magnet quote card to give to some friends at church.
I was inspired by Joanne's card and used some of the elements she had used, particularly the flag and flowers. I wanted a softer feel to the card, so the quote was printed in a dark gray and and the flag was cut from a light gray patterned paper.
I wanted to frame the sentiment and decided to use the Mama Elephant Framed Tags Artist Mat. It is a lovely wide scalloped frame, perfect for highlighting a focal sentiment or image. I sized the quote to fit within the frame opening and then cut it down to be just larger using a rectangle frame. 3M 1/2" Foam Tape was added to the back of the frame and the quote was adhered in place, leaving more space at the bottom to add some flowers.
In keeping with finding light I decided to use yellow for the rectangle behind the frame, as well as the flowers in the lower left. I added depth and shadows to the flower and leaves with Copic Markers. White glitter cardstock was used for the flower centers.
The flag was adhered with both liquid glue and a strip of foam tape for support in the opening. The flowers and leaves were adhered with liquid glue. Two magnet strips were added to the top and bottom of the card on the back so it would stick to any metal surface and the card was done.
· Quote by Guy Finley_My Favorite Things Retired Stamp_Recreated in Photoshop Elements
· Anlan Angel Flower and Leaves Dies
· My Favorite Things Fishtail Flags Die
· Mama Elephant Framed Tags Artist Mat Die
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle Die
· Copic Markers: Y19, Y15, G17
· Bo Bunny Isabella Collection Paper Pad
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Lemon Drop and Lucky Clover Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Paper Accents White Glitter Cardstock
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Barely Art Precision Craft Glue