Poinsettia Window Christmas Wishes
I recently saw Jennifer McGuire make a card using the Hero Arts Poinsettia Window Fancy Die and Stencil. She made a stunning card and I decided to give it try for my Christmas card this year.
This first rendition was stenciling the image first and then die cutting. It is harder than it looks to line everything up. Also, I thought the die would completely cutout the image, but it only cuts our the center and partially cuts some of the leaves and flower petals. Not what I was expecting. I decided to cut down the image using a stitched rectangle die.
For the flower centers I used Hero Arts Hero Wax in Gold. I didn't like it for this particularly application. I'm sure it will be beautiful to add gold edging to die cuts, but I decided to use Ranger Gold Stickles to give the flower centers more dimension.
Since I send out around 100 Christmas cards each year, I try and to not use too much dimension so they require a regular postage stamp. I added a few small strips of low loft foam tape behind some of the petals on the flower. A panel of deep red cardstock was cut 1/8" inch larger than the stitched panel. I laid the poinsettia window on top to determine where to stamp the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss it gold. The poinsettia window was then adhered to the red panel by removing the backing paper on the few foam strips and adding liquid glue to the red. The focal image panel was then adhered to a side-folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
At the last minute I decided to add sparkle to the petals of the flowers with a Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen and Ranger Glossy Accents to the berries.
· Hero Arts Poinsettia Window Fancy Die
· Gina K. Designs Stamptember Sparkling Season
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Cherry, Pine
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Cherry Red, Velvet, Edible Eggplant, Christmas Pine, Honey Mustard
· Altenew Ink: Evergreen
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Cranberry Tart Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Hero Arts Hero Wax Gold
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Ranger Stickles Gold
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
· Ranger Glossy Accents
· Ranger Gold Stickles