Penguin Merry Christmas
I serve young women from 11-18 in my church. One of the upcoming activities we plan to have with them is making Christmas cards they can share with family and friends. I will be sharing several different cards that I made as examples of what they can make. I think this is my favorite card.
I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, colored them with Copic Markers and cut them out with the coordinating dies. I saw a cut card made by Angelica Conrad where she had cut a circle out of a panel of cardstock and added a pink snowflake background. I really liked the look and incorporated it on this card.
I laid the die cut circle rectangle on an A2 top folding cardbase to determine where to ink blend a blue sky background. I wanted to add some visual interest behind the penguins, so I cut the Memory Box Fresh Pine Curved Border from green cardstock and adhered it behind the circle opening. The sentiment was stamped below the circle opening.
I wanted to keep the card fairly flat, so I I adhered the circle rectangle directly to the cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The penguins were adhered with a combination of low loft foam tape and liquid glue.
Ranger Crystal Stickles were added to the sky to create the look of snowflakes and then around the circle opening.
· Pretty Pink Posh Penguin Pals
· Memory Box Fresh Pine Curved Border
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· Distress Oxide Broken China Ink
· Ohuhu Markers: True Blue, Burnt Orange, Light Green, Dark Red, Ice Grey, Alpine Green
· Ranger Crystal Stickles
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Hammermill Premium Color 100@ White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Cherry Red Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle
· Hero Arts Infinity Circle Dies