May Your Day be Filled with Joy – Happy Mother’s Day
My husband and I have six women that we minister to in our church. I wanted to create Mother's Day cards for each of them, but waited too long to make it happen on Sunday, so I sent a text message with a pretty image. It is not the same as a handmade card. Since I had already started making the cards I decided to complete them and save them for next year.
I used six different colors to stamp the layering flower so that each card would be unique. I stamped the flowers and leaves first with Memento London Fog so I could see the outline to line up the other layers. I then stamped them with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed them gold. They were cut out with the coordinating dies.
When I laid the image on a card front I decided that I wanted to add a second flower. Rather than have it be the same color I decided to add a yellow flower, since it looks lovely with all other colors.
A panel was cut using a scalloped rectangle die. The flowers and leaves were laid onto the rectangle to determine where to stamp the sentiment. It was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. I wanted to add some visual interest behind the flowers so the scalloped panel was dry embossed with a linen look embossing folder. The secondary greeting was stamped with VersaMark Ink on black cardstock and heat embossed gold. It was cut down with a sentiment label die.
The leaves and yellow flower were adhered in place with liquid glue. The other flower was adhered in place using a low loft foam tape. Foam tape was added to the secondary sentiment.
Low loft foam tape was added to the back of the scalloped panel which was adhered to a top folding cardbase by removing the backing paper.
A few gold confetti sequins were scattered around the leaves and the card was done.
Below is one of the card so you can see a close up. There is also a picture of all the different colored cards that were created.
· Altenew Beautiful Heart
· Honey Bee Stamps Everything Wonderful
· Papertrey Ink Mother
· Memento London Fog Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Sage, Pine, Marine, Cadette, Lilac, Orchid, Amethyst, Seafoam, Surf, Peachy, Grapefruit, Lemonade, Sunbeam, Citrine, Taffy, Sweets, Bubblegum
· Stampin’ Up Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle Die
· Pink and Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Simon Says Stamp Big Momma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Studio Katia Gold Foil Confetti
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock