Lovely Layered Red Rose Praying For You
I recently purchased Honey Bee Stamps' Lovely Layers Roses. As with all of Honey Bee's layered dies, it make a beautiful card.
My husband's sister is in the hospital, struggling with a severe infection. We wanted to send her a card and her favorite color is red. I cut the layers for the rose from red cardstock and blended them with red inks. I still didn't have as much depth to the petals as I would like, so I pulled out a red Copic Marker to add some veins and depth to the bottom of the petals. The leaves were cut from green cardstock and ink blended with green ink as well. The layers of the flower were adhered with both liquid glue and low loft foam tape.
To assemble the card I cut the Altenew Watercolor Strips from Gina K. Designs Whisper Cardstock, it was adhered to a top folding white cardbase. The sentiment was stamped with black ink on the bottom strip of the background. The flower was adhered in place with liquid glue. The final embellishment was to add some red sequins around the flower.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Roses
· Gina K. Designs Heartfelt Bouquet
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Red Velvet, Cherry Red, Grass Green, Fresh Asparagus
· Altenew Ink Crimson
· Copic Marker R29
· Neat & Tangled Raspberry Mix Sequins
· Altenew Watercolor Strips Cover Die
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Barely Art Precision Craft Glue
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot, Grass Green, Whisper Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock