This card was created to be used during December for my six friends. It's message comes from a talk by President Thomas S. Monson entitled Gifts. In it he says, "For a few moments, may we set aside the catalogs of Christmas, with their fits and exotic descriptions. Let's even turn from the flowers for Mother, the special tie for Father, the cute doll, the train that whistles, the long-awaited bicycle -- even the "Star Trek" books and videos -- and direct our thoughts to those God-given gift that endure." He then lists four gifts, "birth, peace, love, and eternal life." Sometimes we get too focused on the worldly things that we forget how much our Heavenly Father loves us and how he wants us to find lasting happiness in our lives.
To create this card I used a Silhouette present file and cut four different sized gift boxes from four different patterned papers. I cut the ribbons from red glitter cardstock and assembled them together with liquid glue. I also created in the Silhouette four small tags with the gifts that President Monson highlighted and adhered them to the boxes. The boxes were arranged the way I wanted them and adhered together with liquid glue, then a thin foam tape was added to the back to add a little dimension.
The sentiment was created in Microsoft Word and printed on quarter sheets of ivory cardstock in a red font. The panel was cut down with a stitched rectangle and the presents were adhered in place by removing the backing paper on the foam tape. I decided to mat the panel with red cardstock and then adhered it to a top folding ivory cardbase.
· Silhouette Echo Park Christmas Presents
· Silhouette Megan Hardy Designs Animal Print Gifts (Bow Only)
· Silhouette Sophie Gallo Gift Tags
· Microsoft Word Sentiment (Claudia Script and Calibri Body Fonts)
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight and Layering Weight Ivory Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Cherry Red Cardstock
· Christmas Cardstock from Stash
· Paper Accents Red Glitter Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die