For the Record You're the Best Dad
My neighbor also wanted two Father's Day Cards. I had created the one with the balloon background die, but it wasn't my favorite. So, I pulled out the Honey Bee Stamps Record Player Die to make a card.
The record and small black circles were cut from black mirror cardstock. It really looks like a vinyl record. The center of the record, the arm, and volume level adjuster were cut from both silver and red mirror cardstock. Black sticky back foam was cut just smaller than the two circles and added to the back for dimension.
Since a record player is all about music I pulled out the Jillian Vance Musical Notes Background and stamped it on white cardstock with black ink and cut it down using a stitched rectangle die. It was adhered to a top folding white cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
The sentiment was stamped with red ink and die cut using the coordinating die. The secondary sentiment was cut from red mirror cardstock.
The pieces of the record player were adhered in place with liquid glue. The sentiment was adhered with a combination of liquid glue and foam tape. The secondary sentiment was also cut from red sticky back foam and then it was adhered under the stamped sentiment. Overlapping the top of the "d" letters onto the man sentiment.
I love the way it turned out.
· Honey Bee Stamps Record Player Die
· Honey Bee Stamps For the Record
· Honey Bee Stamps Best Parents
· Jillian Vance Musical Notes Background
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot Ink
· Hero Arts Infinity Circle Dies
· Paper Accents Silver and Red Mirror Cardstock
· Black Mirri Reflective Paper Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue