Enjoy Your Day with a Little Fishing
I'm trying to send a card a week to my sweet uncle. He recently lost his wife and it can get really lonely. I'm too far away to go and see him, but I can send a card. Uncle Delos loved to fish. He doesn't do it much anymore, now that he is 93 and not quite as steady on his feet. I hope he likes this card and it brings back a look of good memories, without making him sad that he no longer can go fishing.
I stamped the image onto some white cardstock with Memento Toffee Crunch Ink. This gives a much softer, no-line feel to the image. It was colored with Copic Markers. All the leaves were colored using the stippling method, which is just adding dots of a lot of different colors of green.
When the coloring was complete the sentiment was stamped with a brown ink and the image was cut down using the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Die. A larger rectangle was cut from green cardstock and the two were adhered together with 3M 1/2" Foam Tape. The focal image panel was then adhered to a side folding Kraft Cardstock cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
· Whimsy Stamps Gone Fishing
· Hero Arts Birthday Messages
· Memento Toffee Crunch Ink
· VersaFine Clair Pinecone Ink
· Copic Markers: Y28, Y26, Y23, Y21; E49, E47, E44, E43; B26, B24, B23, B21; B00, B000, B0000; YG67, YG17, YG03, YG01; R24, R22, R21; G46, G43, G40; G24, G21, G20; G03, G00, G000; E59, E57, E55; E25, E23, E21; YG99, YG97, YG93; W6, W4, W2; C8, C6, C33, C2, C1; Y15
· Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Die
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Grass Green and Kraft Base Weight Cardstock