Earth Has No Sorrow that Heaven Cannot Heal
The message for this week's card of encouragement to my six friends is from Elder James E Faust entitled The Refiner's Fire. It talks about the courage and faith of the handcart pioneers. My ancestry comes from handcard pioneers. Their journals are a testament of their belief in God and his overall plan. They talk about how the difficulties they faced refined their souls. I want to be as courageous and steadfast as I face my challenges in life.
A wagon wheel always makes me thing of this pioneer ancestors and so that is the image I chose to use in this card. It is from an old Gina K. Designs stamp set called Farm Life. It was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and then colored with Copic Markers. The sentiment was stamped with Rich Cocoa Ink just below the image and then the panel was cut down using a stitched rectangle die. I wanted to make it small enough that you could see the woodgrain cardstock it was adhered to. The woodgrain was created using Kraft cardstock and the Stampin' Up Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder. Distress Ink Vintage Photo was used to distress the grain and make it more pronounced.
The focal image panel was adhered to the woodgrain panel with dotliner adhesive. They were than adhered to a top folding ivory cardbase with the same adhesive.
· Gina K. Designs Farm Life
· My sentiments Exactly Earth Has No Sorrow
· Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
· Distress Inks: Vintage Photo and Tumbled Glass
· Copic Markers: YG17, YG03, YG01; B00, B000, B0000; E37, E35, E33, E31; C6, C4, C2; V15
· Stampin’ Up Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangles
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft Cardstock
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive