Dove of Peace on Earth
I just got in the mail the beautiful Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Doves dies and immediately wanted to create a card.
I knew that I wanted the dove to look like it was flying through the sky so I cut an oval of blue cardstock and then ink blended the edges so the center had a slight glow.
I watched Mindy Eggen create a card with this die. She cut two of the doves with the upright wing. On the second dove she cut away just the wing and adhered it behind the dove. I really liked the way that looked to I gave it a try. Mindy used detailed blending brushes to add shadows to the dove. I did the same using Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink. It didn't give me enough shading into the etched details of the die, so I pulled out some Warm Gray Copic Markers and carefully adding coloring to the debossed areas. I used the same markers to color the layered tail feathers. Darker warm gray markers were used to color the eye and beak. The branch and berries were also colored with Copic Markers.
The dove is a sign of peace, so I used a peace die, cut from silver mirror cardstock for the main sentiment. The dove and sentiment were laid on the blue oval to determine where to stamp the secondary sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss silver. The word peace was adhered directly to the oval. Simon Says Stamp low loft foam tape was added to the back of the dove.
To add visual interest behind the oval the front of an A2 cardbase was dry embossed with the Spellbinders Holly & Flourish 3D Embossing Folder and the oval was adhered with liquid glue.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Doves Dies
· Birch Press Design Peace Honey Script Die
· Hero Arts Peace Stamp
· Pink Fresh Studio Die
· Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks Twilight and Galaxy
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Silver Embossing Powder
· Copic Markers: W9, W8, W1, W00; E49, R59, R37
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Blue Denim Cardstock
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Spellbinders Holly & Flourish 3D Embossing Folder