Celebrate the Beauty of the Season
This stamp set make an absolutely beautiful card, but it is not one that I would mass produce. The coloring of all the different leaves is time consuming.
As always, when I want to heat emboss an image that is colored with Copic Markers I stamp it first in a light ink and leave the stamp in the Misti. After the coloring is complete I stamp it again with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it, this time with gold. Embossing can be hard on your marker nibs and this allows you to color with Copic but keep the nibs safe. When the coloring was complete the image was cut down using a stitched rectangle die.
The stamp comes with a center sentiment, but it can be removed, leaving a center circle for another sentiment. I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock and heat embossed it gold. I then went through my circle dies to try and find one that would fit the opening of the image. I thought the scalloped circle would work, but it turned out to be a little smaller than the opening, so I added a gold mat. The two were adhered together with dotliner adhesive and then adhered to the center of the lovely poinsettia and leaves image with liquid glue, which allows slight adjustments to make sure the sentiment is straight.
After matting the sentiment with gold mirror cardstock I decided to mat the image as well and then adhered it to a top folding cardbase.
· Simon Says Stamp Center Cute Holiday Floral
· Gina K. Designs Festive Frame
· Memento London Fog Ink
· Copic Markers: G28, G24, G21; YG67, YG17, YG03; G46, G43, G40; G99, G94, G43; R39, R35; E42, E40; YR24, YR23, YR21
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Spellbinders Large Circle and Scalloped Circle Dies
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive