Blessed Are the Poor in Spirit
This is a simple card that I made to send to my six friends who have lost loved ones in the past year. The sentiments is taken from a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland entitled Broken Things to Mend. Part of life is that we face difficult challenges. They can either make us angry and better or make us stronger with greater faith.
This card is a sentiment created in word and then dies cut with a mod rectangle die. Since I send to both women and men I have two different cards, on more masculine than the other. The patterned paper was cut to cover the front of an A2 card and adhered with dotliner adhesive. The sentiment rectangle was adhered in place with dotliner adhesive as well.
Simon Says Stamp Etched Laurel Leaves were cut from vellum and adhered with dotliner adhesive as well. If you have a good adhesive (I use the Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive) you will not see it through the vellum. A black butterfly was cut using a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and adhered in place with liquid glue.
· Microsoft Word Sentiment (Claudia Script and Calibri Fonts)
· My Favorite Things Mod Rectangle Die
· Simon Says Stamp Etched Laurel Leaves Die
· Martha Steward 3 Butterflies Die
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Paper Studio Harper’s Boutique Paper Pad
· Paper Accents Vellum
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive