A Smooth Sea Never made a Skilled Sailor
When people face really difficult circumstances, such as losing a loved one, it becomes so hard to face each day. In my church we are taught that we all have to face adversity in this life. We can receive strength from others, but the greatest strength comes from relying on the Savior. With His help we can keep going. With His sustaining power we can become skilled sailors in the sea of life.
I stamp some Gina K. Designs Whisper cardstock with the My Favorite Things Romantic Script using Simon Says Stamp Barely Beige Ink. This give a very soft background to the card. I wanted a masculine encouragement card so I pulled out the seagull pilon image from Gina K. Designs Time to Coast and stamped it directly on the script background with Memento Toffee Crunch Ink and then colored it with Copic Markers.
The stamp set has this great sentiment was stamped with Gina K. Design Warm Cocoa Ink, along with the grouping of three birds flying in the sky.
The panel was cut down with the Memento Stitched Rectangle die. I really like the cross-stitching on this die. It was adhered to a panel of light turquoise cardstock from my stash. The panel was then adhered to a top folding cardbase.
· Gina K. Designs Time to Coast
· Gina K. Designs By the Sea (Larger Flying Birds)
· Gina K. Designs Winter Trees (Smaller Flying Birds)
· My Favorite Things Romantic Script
· Simon Says Stamp Barely Beige Ink
· Memento Toffee Crunch Ink
· Gina K. Designs Warm Cocoa Ink
· Copic Markers: BG02, BG01, BG000; E29, E27, E25, E21; C6, C4, C2; E42, E41, E40
· Gina K. Designs Whisper Cardstock
· Blue Cardstock from Stash
· Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Die
· Ranger Glossy Accents