You Were My Favorite Hello
Yesterday my daughter called and one of her good friends had to put down her sweet dog. She asked if I could create a sympathy card she could give to Heather. She sent me a picture and I went searching for an image that would be close to Heather's dog, which was black cockapoo.
I found this digi stamp and pulled it into the Silhouette Cameo software so I could use registration marks to printed and cut the image. It was printed on a laser printer, which will not bleed when colored with Copic Markers. I used little squiggly circles to create a poodles curly hair. I also found some great doggie sympathy sentiments and added cut lines around in the software and cut it at the same time as the dog image.
I wanted some visual interest behind the dog and decided to dry emboss the front of a top folding card with the Stampin' Up Brick and Mortar 3D Embossing Folder. A very light gray ink was used to distress the bricks.
The dog image was adhered using 3M 1/2" Foam Tape and the sentiment with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape so it could tuck under the dog's paws. I decided to add a thin black frame and used an Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle die to cut black cardstock and adhere it with liquid glue.
· Colors On Paper Precious Pups Digi Stamp
· IdeaPoin Dog Bereavement
· Copic Markers: C10, C8, C7, C6
· Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle Die
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Silhouette Cameo Image Cutout
· Stampin’ Up Brick and Mortar 3D Embossing Folder
· Altenew Limestone Ink
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock