You Take the Cake Watercolor Background
Updated: Mar 4, 2021
I made one more card using selective watercolor over a heat embossed background. This time I stamped the background stamp onto watercolor paper with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
I first thought I would cut the My Favorite Things You Take the Cake from a rectangle of what cardstock, but it covered too much of the pretty watercolor background. In face you could only see a little at the top and bottom of the rectangle. So, I decided to cut it two more time and adhered the letters of the die cut directly to the watercolor panel. To do this I layered the three die cut letters together with liquid glue. I then took one of the negatives of the die cut and laid it on the watercolor background and adhered the stacked letters into the negative space, adhering them in place with liquid glue.
There is a great opening in the layout of this sentiment to add a small cupcake, so I pulled out My Favorite Things All the Cupcakes and die cut one of the images from the rectangle I had planned to use for the sentiment, thinking that I could use that rectangle on another card. I cut the cupcake again from sticky back foam and added it to the opening in the sentiment with liquid glue. I added a little sparkle by adding Ranger Crystal Stickles to the cupcake frosting and added lines in the cupcake liner.
· My Favorite Things You Take the Cake
· My Favorite Things All the Cupcakes
· Simon Says Stamp You Matter
· Distress Inks: Faded Jeans, Peacock Feather, Cracked Pistachio
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
· Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Ranger Crystal Stickles