You're Not Old - You're a Classic Red Corvette
I love pulling out old stamps and using them again. All the guys I know in my life have a thing for vintage cars, even my grandsons. Honey Bee Stamps Car Show has some really great images. For this card I picked the Corvette. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on white cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers. Once the coloring was complete I used the coordinating die to cut out the image.
I also stamped a couple of the sentiments from Honey Bee Stamp's You're a Classic and cut them out with the coordinating die.
I decided to add a metallic background behind the image. I used the Sizzix Woven 3D Embossing Folder to emboss a rectangle of silver mirror cardstock that had been cut down with a stitched rectangle. I then matted this rectangle with red cardstock and adhered it to a top folding black cardbase.
I decided to cut out the card and sentiments from sticky back foam and adhered them together by removing the backing paper. This added some great dimension when they were adhered to metallic background.
· Honey Bee Stamps Car Show
· Honey Bee Stamps You’re a Classic
· Copic Markers: R29, R27, R24, R22; B000; C8, C4, C3, C1; Y02, Y00
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot and Onyx Black Cardstock
· Sizzix Woven 3D Embossing Folder
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive