You're Amazing - I Can't Thank You Enough
Updated: May 2, 2021
We have been having some problems with our sprinkler system. Our wonderful neighbor Brad came over and helped Michael three days in a row, spending hours and hours to help us get things working correctly. We want to give him a thank you gift card. I took a few tries before I was happy with the result.
I stamped the lighthouse image onto some Bristol Smooth Cardstock and colored it with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Makers. I had tried some other mediums and just didn't like the results. I could get crisp edges to the no-line watercoloring I wanted on the card.
I wanted waves in my water. I have a small stamp from Gina K. Designs Framescape Winter Trees that has the wave lines in water. However, one side is suppose to butt up to the shore and I didn't want that. So I masked off that portion of the stamp and stamped it multiple times with Distress Tumbled Glass. I went over the lines with the darkest blue color I used for the water and then added additional lines with the other two colors. I used a waterbrush pen to blend the colors together.
I had a mask that was created previously for the lighthouse. It was put in place and the sky was ink blended with two blue colors of Distress Ink using blending brushes.
The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink. This is the best black ink on the market, but it does need a little time to dry. I die cut the image with a stitched rectangle and the ink wasn't complete dried and smeared a little, so I took a Copic Marker and added a drop shadow to the sentiment. The secondary sentiment wasn't stamp straight. It was so slightly angled that my husband said no one would notice, but I did. So, I stamped it again on light turquoise blue cardstock and cut it into a flagged banner and adhered it over the old stamping with foam tape. I was much happier with the outcome.
I almost forgot to stamp the seagulls in the sky. I used two different stamp sets, one with smaller birds in the distance. Both were stamped with VersaFine Clair ink.
· Gina K. Designs By the Sea
· Gina K. Designs Framescape Winter Trees
· Simon Says Stamp Thankful Flowers
· Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Distress Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Ink
· ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Makers: 020 Red, 023, Scarlet Red, 050 Yellow, 091 Light Gray, 096 Mid Gray, 065 Mid Brown, 066 Dark Oatmeal, 063 Ochre, 046 Mid Green, 033 Persian Green, 031 Cobalt Blue, 042 Turquoise Green
· Copic Marker B00
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Honey Bee Stamps Sentiment Banner
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape