Woodgrain Rainbow Happy Birthday
I saw a card on Pinterest by Lisa Addesa where she had a rainbow die cut word on a strip of dark cardstock. The link is listed below.
I decided to place my rainbow word on a strip of woodgrain cardstock with a portrait orientation. I wanted to have a wood grain embossed panel behind it, but when I embossed my lighter brown cardstock I did it in a horizontal orientation, and so I changed what I planned to do. I added Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs to my embossed panel to bring out the woodgrain and then added Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape to the back and adhered it to a dark chocolate brown side folded cardbase.
My darker woodgrain sentiment strip had already been cut down for a portrait card, so I cut it down even more to place it in the center of card, leaving a wide border of the embossed woodgrain panel. I stamped the word "happy" on the side with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it white. I used a Copic Marker to make the embossing more cream than white. The rainbow die cut word was adhered with liquid glue. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the sentiment strip, which then adhered in the center of the card.
· Nohpily Happy Birthday
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· Sizzix 3D Texture Plate Wood
· Distress Oxide Ink Gathered Twigs
· Gina K. Designs Dark Chocolate Base Weight Cardstock
· My Minds Eye Wood Designer Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Copic Marker E53
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Inspiration: I’m in Haven: Four Die Cut Rainbow Birthday Cards