Wonky Rainbow Cake
I love making cards and I make a lot of them, but I have more than I can use. I called one of our local assisted living centers and asked them if they could use some birthday cards. They said that would love them, they give cards to each of their residents on their birthday. So I went to work creating some cards for seniors. This is the last masculine card I made for the assisted living center.
I began by ink blending a panel of cardstock with rainbow oxide inks and cut the sentiment from it. The sentiment was also cut from sticky back foam. The two were adhered together by removing the backing paper from the foam and placing the rainbow die cut in place.
A panel of white cardstock was cut down with a stitched rectangle die and then dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder. It was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase with liquid glue.
I had the die cut rainbow sentiment, but I needed a birthday element to pair it with. I decided to print this wonky cake in the Silhouette Cameo with registration marks so that it could be die cut by the software. It was printed using a laser printer because the dry ink does not bleed when colored with Copic Markers. The cake was colored with rainbow colors and then die cut. Sticky back foam was added to the back and the cake and sentiment were adhered to the embossed panel on the front of the card with liquid glue.
The final embellishment was to add Ranger Crystal Stickles to the frosting and Gold Stickles to the flames.
· Penny Black Your Day
· Pretty Cute Stamps Wonky Cake Digi with Silhouette Cut File
· Distress Oxide Inks: Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Faded Jeans
· Copic Markers: R27, R24, R22; YR09, YR07, YR04, YR02; Y23, Y21, Y00; YR24, YR21; YG17, YG03, YG0; B97, B95, B93, B91
· Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
· Ranger Gold and Crystal Stickles
· Tombo Mono Multi Glue
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Darice Sticky Back Foam