With Sympathy Red Peony
Updated: Mar 5
Our new neighbor across the street moved in a couple of months before we did. She said that she had been receiving strong impressions that she needed to retire early and return home. Shortly after she got here they found out her father had stage 4 cancer. She was here to support both him and her mother during this trying time. He passed away yesterday.
I wanted to create a lovely sympathy card. This one should have been fairly easy, but it took three times to get it right. First I used the black and white polka dot paper I have used on a lot of cards lately and added it behind a white frame. I also die cut the lovely Stampin' Up Peony Layers Die from red cardstock and added it to the lower left of the card. At the last moment I decided to stamp the secondary sentiment below the die cut "sympathy" and it got lost in the patterned paper. So I used some Un-Du to take the card apart and replaced the patterned paper with white, restamped the secondary sentiment. With the background being white you could see that there was a lot of white space above the sentiment die cut. I decided to add a small red flower in the upper right corner and really liked the way it looked.
When I went to take photographs I noticed some fuzz on the card front and went to blow it away. Unfortunately, I sneezed and since I had a chocolate candy in my mouth there was a lot of chocolate splatter all over the front of the card. The only things I was able to save were the two red flowers.
This time I used different leaves from the Altenew Garden Picks Dies, which was also used to create the small red flower. I stamped the secondary sentiment and then dry embossed the white rectangle with the Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder adding a lovely linen look to panel. The frame was adhered in place using thin strips of foam tape. The flowers and die cut sentiments were then adhered in place.
It took a lot of effort, but the card was finally done and I really like the way it turned out.
· Stampin’ Up Peony Garden Dies
· Avery Elle With Sympathy
· Altenew Garden Picks 3D Dies
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot, Grass Green, and Prickly Pear Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Altenew Inks: Crimson, Fresh Leaf and Lime
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Honey Mustard
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Copic Markers: R46, R43; YR27, YR24; G94, G24, 100
· Mama Elephant Madison Avenue Framed Tags
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip
· Stampin’ Up Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Barely Art Precision Craft Glue