With Deepest Sympathy for Gabi
A little over a week ago a family at church was notified that their beautiful daughter Gabriella had died in a car accident. She was only twenty-two and had just finished her master's degree and had begun working for a company in Corpus Christy. It is so tragic and heartbreaking.
The inside of the card has a quote from Russell M. Nelson, which says: Mourning is one of the deepest expressions of pure love. ...The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life." What peace there is in knowing death is not the end, but a new beginning. To have faith that our loved ones are happy and contributing and accomplishing in the next life, and that we will see them again, brings great comfort in a time of great sorrow.
Gabi's favorite color is yellow and so I created this sympathy card for her family using the Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Peony dies. The layers were cut from a pale yellow cardstock and shading was added to the edges were blending brushes. The leaves were cut from a green cardstock and shading was added to the center of the leaves with blending brushes.
The flowers and buds were arranged onto a panel of white cardstock that had been cut using the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Die and adhered with liquid glue. Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen was added to the petals on the flowers.
The sentiment was pulled from my stash of gold foil sentiments and it was adhered at the bottom of the arrangement with a strip of foam tape. Clear droplets were scattered around the flowers and the card was done.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Peony Dies
· Spellbinders Glimmer Mini Everyday Sentiments
· Gemini Gold Hot Foil
· Altenew Inks: Citrus Burst, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle, Forest Glades, Evergreen
· Copic Markers G94
· Waffle Flower Shader Brushes
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Darice Adhesive Foam Strips
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Die
· Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# While Cardstock
· Pale Yellow Bazzill Cardstock from Stash
· BoBunny Sweet Pear Drop Cardstock
· Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen