Wishing You a Sweet Day Shaker
I wanted to use the My Favorite Things Cupcakes and Sprinkles Die to create a masculine birthday card. I went through my stash of patterned paper and pulled out this great polka dot print from My Favorite Things Birthday Blowout Paper Pack. I used two Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle to create a frame. A rectangle of red cardstock was cut to be just larger than the frame, leaving a small red border when the frame was adhered to the front with Simon Says Stamp Big mama Foam Tape.
Before adhering the frame the cupcake die was laid on the red rectangle to determine where to cut the cupcake frosting shaker. I love how easy it is to create a shaker when you use one of shaker pouches, you simple glue the pouch in place, give it a few moments to dry, and fill it with whatever shaker pieces you desire. I used a combination of sequins and beads. A small rectangle of white cardstock was adhered over the shaker opening, which make it really easy to keep the shaker bits in place.
The cupcake liner was cut from the same patterned paper as the frame and adhered below the shaker opening with liquid glue.
The sentiment was stamped below the cupcake with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. The frame was adhered in place by removing the backer paper from the foam tape. The focal image panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase and the card was done.
· My Favorite Things Cupcakes and Sprinkles Dies
· My Favorite Things Sugar Coated Sentiments
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Copic Markers: W1 and W00
· My Favorite Things Birthday Blowout Paper Pack
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle Dies
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Pretty Pink Posh Christmas Mix Sequins and Trick or Treat Mix Sequins
· Mikuki White Ceylon Seed Beads
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive