Wildflower Happy Birthday
As crafters we spend a lot of money on our supplies. My husband says I have a store in my craft room, and actually I really do. I tend to watch the videos showing new products by crafters who inspire me and and I think I just have to have them. And while it's always fun to get new things, I think it is important that we use what we have. Now when I see a new stamp or die I am asking myself if I already have something similar, and if I do, I am training myself to not buy it just because it's new.
For this card I pulled out the Sizzix Wildflower dies. I think I've only used it once and it has such pretty flowers and leafy stems. This is the time of year that the wildflowers are in their glory.
I cut some of the flowers and leafy sprigs from white cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. These dies are really tall and would work well on a slimline card, but they can be cut down to fit an A2 card was well.
To add visual interest behind the flower I cut a scalloped rectangle from white cardstock and used a new stencil I purchased recently to add a subtle soft green pattern behind the die cuts, which were adhered in place with liquid glue. To add even more visual interest Nuvo Crystal Drops, Nuvo Glitter Drops, and Ranger Stickles were added to the flower centers and tips of one of the flower petals.
The sentiment was stamped onto black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. It was cut into a flagged sentiment strip and adhered over the bottom of the stems of the flower with a little foam tape on each end.
The focal image panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape, which add just a little dimension to the card.
I really like the way this turned out.
· Sizzix Wildflower Stems 1 and 2
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· Copic Markers: B97, B95, B91; G46, G43, G20; V17, V15, V12; YG67, YG17, YG03; Y17, Y15, Y11; E49, E47, E57; G99, G94, G82
· Distress Oxide Twisted Citron Ink
· Simple Stores Retro Diamonds Stencil
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle Die
· Ranger Golden Rod Stickles
· Nuvo Glitter Drops Golden Sunset
· Nuvo Crystal Drops Crushed Grape
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Grass Green and Asparagus Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Barely Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape