I love this stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. It makes the most beautiful cards. I was needing to make a couple of wedding cards and decided to create a slimline card since the image is so majestic and large.
I stamped the image first with Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink and left the stamp in the MISTI. When an image is stamped and embossed it can be hard on your Copic nibs, so I always stamp it first with a light ink and then when the coloring is complete stamp it again with VersaMark Ink and then heat emboss. I try to find out the colors that the bride has selected for her wedding and use those to color the flowers.
I have the coordinating die for this stamp set. Once the coloring was complete I cut out the image and then used the die to cut out some sticky back foam. I find this is a great way to add dimension to a card. You simply remove the backing paper and carefully align the image and the die cut foam.
I pulled out my Kat Scrappiness Slimline Wonky Rectangle to cut out a rectangle for the card front. I love stitched dies, they add great visual interest. I adhered the rectangle to a slimline cardbase made from Gina K. Designs Blue Denim Cardstock.
The image was adhered to the card front with liquid glue. I left room on the right for the sentiment. It was hot foiled using the Spellbinders Glimmer Elegant Occasions hot foil plate and cut out with the coordinating die. Sticky back foam was also cut using the coordinating die. I cut away the foam from the letter "c" where it overlapped the flower and adhered it in place with liquid glue.
· Simon Says Stamp Sketched Flowers
· Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Platinum Embossing Powder
· Copic Markers: B99, B97, B95; BV04, BV02, BV01, B21; B24, B23, B21; B23, B21, B000, Y26; RV23, RV21, RV00; R83, R81, RV11, RV10, RV00; G99, G94; G85, G82, G40; G24, G21, G20
· Spellbinders Glimmer Elegant Occasions
· Spellbinder Platinum Hot Foil
· Kat Scrappiness Slimline Wonky Rectangle
· Darice Sticky Back
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Blue Denim Cardstock