Vintage Car Enjoy the Ride
Updated: Mar 4, 2021
This is the second card I made with embossing a dark gray cardstock that had been ink blended with darker gray ink and then distressing the raised areas using a sanding block. It worked a little better on this card, but it still wasn't a dramatic difference.
I cut down the embossed panel with a stitched rectangle and adhered it to a side folding A2 cardbase. The embossing folder I used was the Sizzix 3D Texture Plate Mechanics. All the gears makes me think of motors and so I pulled out Tim Holtz The Journey and stamped the card onto some white cardstock with VersaFine Ink. I also stamped the clock and ticket into corners of the panel. I didn't like all the white space on this distressed image and so I used some gray makers to color in the highlight areas, making them much more subtle.
I stamped the sentiment using the same ink and then cut down the panel with a stitched rectangle so that you could see a quite a lot of the embossed background. The edges of the focal image were distress by lightly ink blending them with a light gray ink. The focal image was adhered to the card front using Darice Sticky Back Foam.
The final embellishment was to add Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ebony Black to some of the bolt areas of the gears.
PRODUCTS USED: · Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous The Journey
· Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
· Altenew Inks: Pure Graphite, Industrial Diamond
· Copic Markers: B00, B000, N7, N6, N2
· Sizzix 3D Texture Plate Mechanics
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Nuvo Crystal Drops Ebony Black
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Slate Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Nail Buffer Sanding Block
· Tim Holtz Distress Micro Glaze