Three Cupcakes Happy Birthday
I was wanting to create some masculine birthday cards. I find these harder to do. Flowers I love and I have so many wonderful flower stamps, but guys, while they like flowers, they aren't really into them. I am always looking for images that will work for a masculine card. I was looking through my stamps and saw My Favorite Things All the Cupcakes and wondered if they would fit on a small circle that would allow me to have a row of three, and they fit perfectly.
I cut the circles using Ellen Hutson Essential Circles and then stamped three different cupcakes on the circle with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I went through my paper pads and decided to use this great striped rainbow, which was the inspiration for coloring the images.
When the coloring was complete the rainbow paper was cut down using a stitched rectangle and adhered to top folding cardbase. I like the white edges, which really enhance the white circles with cupcakes. I use a Hero Arts Infinity Circle Die to cuts some sticky back foam to add to the back of the cupcake circles and laid then on the card front to determine layout and placement of the sentiment. The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. The cupcake circles were then adhered using liquid glue. To help them adhere well I laid a large stamping block on top while the glue dried.
The embellishments were adding Ranger Crystal Stickles to the frosting and Ranger Glossy Accents to the cherries and the card was done.
· My Favorite Things All the Cupcakes
· Hero Arts Birthday Messages
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· Copic Markers: R27, R24, R22; YG17, YG25, YG23; BG18, BG13, BG11; Y19, Y15, Y13, Y11; Y26, Y21
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Ranger Crystal Stickles
· Ranger Glossy Accents
· Ellen Hutson Essential Circle Dies
· Hero Arts Circle Infinity Dies
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Paper Pack
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Darice Sticky Back Foam