Thinking of You Hexagons
Several years ago I took an Online Card Class where we stenciled a shaped repeatedly. I ran across a card I had created during that class and decided to use the technique again. I have created six different cards with this method.
For this card I pulled out the Waffle Flower Nesting Hexagons and cut a stencil from Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper. I turned it so the point of the hexagon was at the top and bottom. I marked off the center of a quarter sheet of cardstock using a T-Square Ruler and a pencil. I then placed the hexagon stencil where I wanted it on the panel and inked the center circle, making sure to erase the pencil line before inking. I repeated this by shifting the hexagon to the left or right, overlapping the shape slightly.. Once the inking was done the panel was cut down with a stitched rectangle. I decided to mat the panel with Gina K. Designs Jelly Bean Green Cardstock. The two rectangles were adhered together with dotliner adhesive.
The Simon Says Stamp Thinking of You die was cut from heavy weight white cardstock, and again from green sticky back foam. The two were adhered together b removing the backing paper on the foam. I like to keep the die cut in the foam because it makes it easier to align the top layer. I also decided to only use the "thinking" die and stamped "of you" with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it white.
Green sticky back foam was added to the back of the focal image panel and then it was adhered to a landscape A2 white cardbase with liquid glue.
· Simon Says Stamp Thinking of You Die
· Avery Elle Petals and Stems
· Altenew Inks: Lime, Limeade, Fresh Lemon, Volcano Lake, Eastern Sky
· Versa Mark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Waffle Flower Nesting Hexagons
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Jelly Bean Green Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper
· Green Sticky Back Foam
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue