Sweet Wishes Max
Since I knew I would be having knee replacement surgery and wouldn't be making cards anytime in the near future, I decided to make all the birthday cards for my young friends from church who would be having birthday to the end of the year. This card is for Max, whose favorite color is red.
I decided to use a cupcake for the focal image. The cupcake liner and candle was cut from red mirror cardstock. The flame was cut from gold mirror cardstock. The frosting was cut from ivory cardstock and shading was added using Copic Markers.
I decided to make another shaker card. I cut a frame using the Mama Elephant Framed Tags/Artist Mat die from white cardstock. I pulled out the Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle Die and found the right size that would like the perfect accent to the frame. It too was cut from red mirror cardstock and adhered in place with liquid glue. The leftover center of the rectangle was used to cut out some confetti pieces using Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel Die. They were adhered to the back of a rectangle cut just smaller than the frame with liquid glue.
Acetate was cut to be just smaller than the frame and then 3M Foam Tape was added to the edges. Red and gold sequins were added to the well of the shaker frame and the confetti panel was adhered in place with liquid glue. The shaker panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase.
The cupcake and candle were adhered to the top of the shaker with dotliner adhesive. The sentiment was cut from gold mirror cardstock and adhered in place with dotliner adhesive as well.
· My Favorite Things Cupcakes & Sprinkles Die
· Penny Black Sweet Wishes Die
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel Die
· Mama Elephant Framed Tags/Artist Mat Die
· Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle Die
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Paper Accents Red and Gold Mirror Cardstock
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Office Depot Acetate
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Neat & Tangled Raspberry Mix Sequins
· Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold Sequins
· Copic Markers: E51, E50