Sweet Wishes for Becca
Since I knew I would be having knee replacement surgery and wouldn't be making cards anytime in the near future, I decided to make all the birthday cards for my young friends from church who would be having birthday to the end of the year. This card is for Becca, whose favorite color is purple.
I pulled out the Pretty Pink Posh Fancy Cake Dies for this card. The main section of the cake and candles were cut from purple cardstock and the edges were ink blended with a Simon Says Stamp ink. The frosting was cut from brown cardstock and ink blended on the edges and adhered to the main cake with liquid glue. The cake stand portion of the die was cut from gold mirror cardstock and the purple cake was adhered in place with liquid glue. The candle flames were cut from mirror cardstock and fussy cut so just the flame remained and adhered to the top of each candle. I have some leftover gold mirror confetti pieces in a little bowl on my desk, a few were scattered around the top of the frosting.
I like to add visual interest behind my focal image. I cut a quarter sheet panel from white cardstock using Your Next Stamp's Confetti die. A rectangle was cut just smaller from purple cardstock and the two were adhered together with liquid glue. Low loft foam tape was added to the back and the panel was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase by removing the backing paper on the foam. The cake was then adhered in place with liquid glue.
The sentiment was cut four times from purple cardstock and ink blended at the bottom of the top panel. The rest of the sentiments had the part of the sentiment that overlapped the cake stand cut away before adhering to the bottom of the card.
· Pretty Pink Posh Fancy Cake Die
· Penny Black Sweet Wishes Die
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel Die
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Purple Cardstock from Stash
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Lilac, Orchid, Amethyst
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Warm Cocoa, Dark Chocolate
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive