Sweet Cupcake Wishes
I have this wonderful birthday paper from My Favorite Things and I decided to make a card with paper and dies only. I like the way it turned out.
I began by cutting a jumbo fishtail banner from some rainbow striped paper and then matted it with red cardstock. Using a smaller fishtail die I did some of the edge die cutting to extend the length of the banner. It was cut from some birthday text pattern paper.
A rectangle of white cardstock was cut using a stitched rectangle die and then dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder. It too was matted with red cardstock.
A circle of white cardstock was cut with a pierced circle die and it was matted with a larger circle of red cardstock.
The cupcake liner was cut from some multi-colored polka-a-dot pattern paper from the paper pack and the frost was cut from white cardstock. Copic markers were used to add shading to the frosting.
The sentiment is from Penny Black and was cut two times from red cardstock and adhered together with liquid glue.
To assemble the card, the dry embossed panel was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The large stripped flag was adhered to a top with liquid glue. I usually used liquid glue when adhering over raised embossed areas. The smaller flag was adhered using Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. This foam as a lower loft and it good when using multiple layers of foam tape. The circle die was adhered in place with liquid glue. The cupcake was adhered to the circle dies with foam tape. Red candy sprinkles were added to the frosting with liquid glue.
The sentiment was adhered under the fishtail banner with liquid glue and the card was done. A great masculine birthday card.
· My Favorite Things Cupcake and Sprinkles
· Penny Black Sweet Wishes
· My Favorite Things Jumbo Fishtail Banner
· My Favorite Things Pierced Circle STAX
· Spellbinders Classic Circles Large
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder
· Copic Markers: W2, W1, Y32
· My Favorite Things Birthday Blowout 6x6 Paper Pack
· My Favorite Things Party Time 6x6 Paper Pad
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot Base Weight Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Barely Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Red Sticky Back Foam
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape