Sweet Birthday Wishes Plate of Cookies
For this masculine birthday card I decided to use the Spellbinder Sweet Street Cookie Corner dies. I had seen the designer Tina Smith use a couple of circle dies to create a plate for the cookies and decided to give it a try.
I wanted the plate to look like it was one a plaid tablecloth, so I went through my stack of patterned paper and found this great Echo Park plaid patterned paper and cut it down with a stitched rectangle to be just smaller than an A2 cardbase.
For the plate I use Simon Says Stamp Infinity Circle Dies to cut the circles from white cardstock. On the biggest plate I wanted to add some dimension and pulled out a sunburst embossing folder to add some lines in the plate. The two were adhered together with liquid glue. I didn't like the way the white plate looked on the patterned paper, which was more of an ivory color, so I pulled out Distress Oxide Inks and turned my plate blue.
I love chocolate and all of my cookies have an some of that delicious goodness on them. The cookies with the embossed details was turned into an Oreo Cookie by cutting two dark brown cookies and a white center and adhered them together slightly offset.
The cookies were arranged on the plate and adhered in place with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. The Oreo Cookie in the center was adhered with two layers of foam. The plate of cookies was adhered to tablecloth rectangle with liquid glue.
The word sweet was cut from dark brown cardstock three times and adhered together with liquid glue and then adhered under the plate of cookies. A secondary sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink onto leftover cardstock that was colored with the same Distress Oxide Inks as the plate and heat embossed white. To make it more ivory in color Copic Marker E41 was used on the embossing. It was adhered with a thin strip of foam tape.
The focal image panel was adhered to a top folding dark chocolate cardbase and the card was done.
· Honey Bee Stamps Sweet
· Spellbinders Sweet Street Cookie Corner
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label
· Simon Says Stamp Infinity Circles
· We R Memory Keepers Stripes Sunburst
· Echo Park Adventure Awaits Fireflies Patterned Paper
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft and Dark Chocolate Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Ranger Multi-Medium Matte
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Darice Foam Thin Strips
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Distress Oxide Inks: Faded Jeans and Weathered Wood
· Copic Marker E49 and E41