Streamer Background Happy Birthday Candles
I make a lot of birthday cards, so I am always on the lookout for good craft supplies that would be fun to create new cards, especially ones that can be used for masculine cards. I recently purchased this Hero Arts Streamer Stencil because I knew it would make great backgrounds for other elements in a birthday card.
For this card I pulled out some blue distress Oxide Inks and blended the streamers onto some white cardstock. Once it was dry it was cut down using a stitched rectangle and adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
I wanted a neutral background for the die cut candles on the card, so another smaller stitched rectangle was cut from white cardstock and adhered in the center of stenciled background with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. The sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the rectangle with one of the blue inks used with the stencil.
The candles were cut from a turquoise glitter cardstock and then given an ombre look with Copic Markers. The backer to the candles was cut from white glitter cardstock and the two were adhered together with liquid glue. The flames were colored with yellow Copic Markers. Strips of foam tape were added to the back of the candles which were adhered on a little bit of an angle onto the smaller white rectangle and this simple masculine birthday card was done.
· Altenew Birthday Greetings
· Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles
· Hero Arts Streamer Stencil
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Studio Turquoise and White Glitter Cardstock
· Copic Markers: B28, B26, B23, B21; Y38, Y19, Y15
· Distress Oxide Inks: Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Broken China
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive