Streamer Background Happy Birthday Balloon
I really liked the way the streamer background looked on my previous card, so I decided to use it again, this time with a colorful rainbow look.
My favorite inks to use with a stencil is Distress Oxides. They go on so smooth and crisp. I added rainbow colors through the stencil in rainbow order on an angle, starting the upper left corner. Once it was dry stitching was added using the largest Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangle, which is the same size as the front of an A2 cardbase. The panel was adhered to a white cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
Originally I had cut the candles for my previous card with royal blue glitter cardstock, but it was the wrong color for that card, but I still had it sitting on my desk, so I used it to cut the second largest stitched balloon from Birch Press Designs Party Balloons. I went looking through my "happy" dies to find one that would fit within the balloon, since I wanted to cut the word out of the balloon and back it with some white glitter cardstock. This word die from WPlus9 worked perfectly. The glitter cardstocks were adhered together with liquid glue and a couple of large stamping blocks were placed on top to hold it together until the glue dried.
For the secondary sentiment I wondered if I could stamp on the white glitter cardstock. I tried it first with Distress Oxide Ink, but it bled out and was not crisp. So I pulled out my StazOn Midnight Blue Ink and stamped the word "birthday" and it worked great. Once it was dry it was cut down using a sentiment label and adhered below the word "happy."
White metallic string was tied to the bottom of the balloon and then Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back for a little dimension to the balloon when placed on the stenciled background. Another great masculine birthday card was done.
· WPlus9 Happy Trio
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· Birch Press Designs Party Balloon
· Hero Arts Streamer Stencil
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Studio Blue and White Glitter Cardstock
· Distress Oxide Inks: Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade,
· Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Blueprint Sketch, Seedless Preserves
· StazOn Midnight Blue Ink
· Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangle
· Darice Stick Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Cousins White Metallic Thread
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip