I wanted to create a card with some stenciled balloons, but I didn't have any balloon stencils in my stash, so I decided to create one. I took some Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper and cut three of the larger balloons Lawn Fawn Party Balloons from squares of the paper. If you use the back side of the paper it is pretty easy to clean off the excess ink.
I decided to use some complimentary colors for the balloons and love the way they turned out. I recently purchased a pack of Sakura Gelly Roll Metallic Pens and pulled out the gold one to draw strings for my balloons using a ruler.
I went through my birthday sentiment dies and decided to use the PaperTrey Ink Wonderful Words Birthday. I cut it from white cardstock and again from green sticky back foam. I colored the white die cut with Copic Markers to match the colors of the balloons and adhered it to the foam by removing the backing tape. I laid the die cut on the panel to determine were to stamp my secondary sentiment.
I decided to cut down the balloon panel with a stitched rectangle die and also dry embossed it with an argyle embossing folder. I like the texture and visual interest the embossing added. The panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The die cut sentiment was adhered in place with liquid glue.
· Lawn Fawn Party Balloons (Homemade Stencil)
· PaperTrey Ink Wonderful Words Birthday Die
· Distress Oxide Inks: Prize Ribbon, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· Copic Markers: YG67, YG17; YG18, YG15; B26, B23
· Hammermill Premium Color White 100# Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Sakura Gelly Roll Metallic Gold Pen
· Green Sticky Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Stampin’ Up Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder