Springtime Thinking of You
I recently used hot foil with regular background dies. They add such beautiful visual interest to a card. Because they are so beautiful I wanted to use smaller images so more could be seen. I was needing some cards for a couple of friends who are going through some hard times, which included a couple of male friends. I decided a tree was pretty gender neutral so I went through my stamps and pulled out the Hero Arts Color Layering Fall Tree. It was designs for different colored fall leaves, but I decided to make it a springtime flowering tree. I used some green, but most of it was different colors of pink. I really liked the way it turned out. I stamped a sentiment from Gina K. Designs Hope is Faith below the image and die cut it with stitched rectangle die.
I created two card with gold hot foil backgrounds. One used the overfoil, which is what is left over after foiling. It creates a beautiful gold background. The other card used a foiled background on white cardstock. For this one I decided to mat the image with gold mirror cardstock.
· Hero Arts Color Layering Fall Trees
· Gina K. Designs Hope is Faith
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Warm Cocoa, Jelly Bean Green, Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Passionate Pink
· Simon Says Stamp Triangle Pattern Background Die or Spellbinders Basic Lattice Background Die
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle and Standard A2 Rectangle
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock (Second card only)