Spring Happy Thinking of You
I went to my completed card to find a thinking of you to send to someone I felt needed a little pick me up and only had one on had, so I decided to make some more. All-in-all I made seven different cards. They were all gold embossed onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth and watercolored with various mediums.
I liked this big flower with sprigs of leaves and berried. It doesn't have a matching die, but since I got some smudges on the background that I could remove I decided to fussy cut it out and add foam tape to the back for a little dimension.
I decided to cut a scalloped rectangle to be about the same size as the flower and berries and laid the arrangement on the panel to determine where to stamp the sentiment. It was heat embossed gold as well. The flower arrangement was adhered in place by removing the backing paper on the foam tape.
I had some black and white diagonal striped paper on my desk and decided to mat the focal image rectangle with it. I really like the way it turned out. Everything was adhered to a top folding white cardbase and the card was done.
· Studio Light So Spring Happy
· Honey Bee Stamps Everything Wonderful
· Karin Brushmarker Pro: 051 Orange Red, 283 Gold; 209 Red, 281 Olive Green, 210 Apple
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· My Favorite Things Black & White Strips Paper Pack
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive