Spring Flower Birthday Wishes
Simon Says Stamp has several spring flower stamps. This card uses the the first set. I stamped nearly all the images with black Copic friendly ink twice, which gave me enough to create two cards.
When the coloring was complete the images were cut out with the coordinating dies. A few flowers and leaves were arranged and then picked up with Glad Press 'n Seal. I decided to use this beautiful Chain Rectangle Die. I cut it from white cardstock. It is a little smaller than an A2 card front, so the cardbase was trimmed down by 1/8" on each side. To accent the dotted chain a panel of blue cardstock was cut the same size and adhered to the back of the chain panel. It was then adhered to the smaller cardbase.
To add even more visual interest behind the flower blue ink was stenciled through a burlap stencil. Low loft foam tape was added to the flower heads and liquid glue was added to the stems and leaves and the Press 'n Seal arrangement was turned over and adhered to the front of the card.
· Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers
· Spellbinders Glimmer Everyday Sentiments II
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass Ink
· Crafter’s Companion Gold Hot Foil
· Copic Markers: V09, V17, V15, V12; R89, R85, R83, R81; Y17, Y15, Y13, E29; B99, B97, B95, B93; G94, YG67, YG17, YG03
· Gina Marie Designs Chain Rectangle Die
· Tim Holtz Collection Burlap Stencil
· Blue Cardstock from Stash
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Momma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die