Smile - It's Your Birthday
I was needing some masculine birthday cards and saw a great card by Stampin Heidi on Pinterest. She had used the word happy, but I didn't have a die cut happy that was the right size, so I pulled out the My Favorite Things Double the Smiles instead.
I ink blended some cardstock with a lime green, turquoise blue, and blue and cut it out using the block word smile and adhered it to a panel of black cardstock cut down using a A2 rectangle die to be just larger than the words and added a green border on two side that was created with an Ellen Hutson Essentials Rectangle die. It was adhered to the black rectangle with tape and then strips of Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back for dimension and the rectangle was adhered to a top folding A2 black cardbase.
I decided to use the secondary sentiment of "it's your birthday" and stamped it with Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn onto some white cardstock and fussy cut it out. Foam tape was added to the back and it was adhered on an angle across the middle smile word.
I love the way this turned out.
· My Favorite Things Double the Smiles
· My Favorite Things Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes
· Distress Oxide Inks: Twisted Citron, Salvaged Patina; Peacock Feather and Faded Jean; Mowed Lawn
· Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock