Sketched Flowers With Sympathy
My daughter's had an attending in her medical residency with whom she developed a strong friendship. He died from cancer on Monday. I created this card for her to send to his wife. She wanted soft pink flowers for the card and I showed her a lot of different flower stamps, she selected this beautiful Simon Says Stamp Sketched Flower.
I stamped it first with Simon Says Fog Ink. Embossing before coloring with Copic Markers can ruin the tips, and with the MISTI you can stamp first with a light ink, color with Copics, and stamp again with VersaMark Ink and then heat emboss.
Once the coloring was complete I used the coordinating die to cut out the image. I also used the die to cut some sticky back foam and adhered the two together. I die cut the word sympathy from gold mirror cardstock and again from sticky back foam. I also stamped the secondary sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold onto some cardstock that was colored with one of the light pinks. Foam was added to the back. It is now time to assemble the card.
I dry embossed the front of a side folding cardbase using the Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder. It adds a beautiful linen look to the card. I arranged the floral arrangement across the card, leaving enough room on the bottom right for the sentiment. Everything was adhered with liquid glue.
I created another card with even lighter pinks, but my daughter liked this first card best.
· Simon Says Stamp Sketched Flowers
· Avery Elle With Sympathy
· Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Copic Markers Card #1: G02, G00, G000; G46, G24, G20; G19, G17, G14; RV69, Rv66, RV63; Y26, Y21; RV25, R23, RV21; R89, R85, R83, R81; RV13, RV11, RV10; RV23, RV21, RV02, RV000
· Copic Markers Card #2: G46, G24, G20; G85, G82, G20; YG67; (V15, V12); RV66, RV63; YR24, YR21; RV21, RV02, RV00, RV000; RV13, RV11, RV10; R89, R85, R83, R81
· Stampin’ Up Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Tombo Mono Multi Glue