Sending Smiles Across the Miles
Several years ago I took an Online Card Class where we stenciled a shaped repeatedly. I ran across a card I had created during that class and decided to use the technique again. I have created six different cards with this method.
For this card I used a butterfly. I needed to create a stencil to use. I selected the size butterfly I wanted and cut it from Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper. This makes a great stencil because it isn't too thick, but it holds up well to inking over and over again. You want to use the back of the paper for inking your shape.
I marked off the center of a quarter sheet of cardstock using a T-Square Ruler and a pencil. I then placed the butterfly stencil where I wanted it on the panel and inked the center butterfly, making sure to erase the pencil line before inking. I repeated this by shifting the butterfly to the left or right, overlapping the shape slightly. I had to do this twice. The first time I overlapped the butterflies too much and didn't like how it looked, so I stenciled them again overlapping only a tiny bit of the wings. Once the inking was done the panel was cut down with a stitched rectangle that covered the front of an A2 landscape cardbase.
The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed silver. I decided to add a little more visual interest and used the die to cut a butterfly from light pink cardstock and ink blended the edges. The butterfly body was cut from silver mirror cardstock and adhered with liquid glue. A little foam tape was added to the butterfly wings and the cutout butterfly was adhered to the center butterfly in the row of butterflies.
· Memory Box Isabella Butterfly
· Simon Says Stamp Friendship Flowers
· Distress Oxide Inks: Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Find Detail Silver Embossing Powder
· Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Die
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Bazzill Light Pink Cardstock
· Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper
· Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive