I have a dear friend at Church who has had a rough week with her husband in the hospital. She sent out an email asking for hugs on Sunday, but I didn't see her there to give her one. So, I decided to create a paper hug.
I had these beautiful rice paper daisies and cut them down with a stitched rectangle die. The die was used to cut a panel of ivory cardstock that was adhered to the rice paper by adding a thin line of liquid adhesive to the edges.
I decided to cut the main sentiment from light blue cardstock to match the light blue flowers in the image. The sentiment was adhered it directly to the daisy panel. The secondary sentiment was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink. The focal image panel was matted with the same light blue cardstock used in the sentiment die cut. Low loft foam tape was added to the back and it was adhered to a top folding ivory cardbase.
A very clean and simple card.
· Itd Collection Rice Paper R0250
· Honey Bee Stamps Bitty Buzzwords Die
· LDRS Creative If Friends Were Flowers
· Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
· Copic Marker E77
· Blue Cardstock from Stash
· Gina K. Designs Base and Layering Weight Ivory Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Momma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Doodle Bug Designs Silver Assortment Sprinkles