Sending Birthday Wishes Spring Flowers
I'm not sure that the previous card I made was worth all the effort. I liked the card, but it definitely wasn't one of my favorites. However, I had a lot of leftover positive elements to cutting the cover die so many times and decided to put them to use in another card. I really like the way this card turned out.
I picked the flowers and leaves I wanted to use on this card and temporarily adhered them to some printer paper with dotliner adhesive in clusters of different colors I wanted to use. They were ink blended with Distress Oxide Inks and then details and shading was added with Copic Markers.
The elements were arranged into the flower grouping that I liked and then Press 'n Seal was used to hold everything in place while the arrangement was turned over to add liquid glue to the back. This is an effective way to not have to arrange again when adhering the elements in place.
I decided to add some visual interest behind the arrangement and cut a rectangle of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die and then dry embossed it with a woodgrain embossing folder. It was matted with turquoise cardstock. This panel was adhered to a top folding white cardbase with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape, which adds a little loft and dimension. Liquid glue was added to the back of the arrangement, which was then adhered to the bottom left of the woodgrain rectangle.
I pulled out white pearly from my stash for the centers of each flower, and loved the way that looked.
I pulled out a foil sentiments I had in my sash and adhered it with a little foam tape as well.
· Altenew Spring Flower Cover Die
· Spellbinders Glimmer More Sentiments
· Distress Oxide Inks: Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Shaded Lilac, Villainous Potion, Salvaged Patina, Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness
· Copic Markers: R25, R23, R21; BG15, BG13, V25, Y15
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Turquoise Sea Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 110# White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Pink & Main Sentiment Die
· Stampin’ Up Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue