Santa Rosa Thinking of You
The picture does not do this card justice. The colors are much more vibrant than is shown and I love the red tips to the yellow rose.
The image was stamped onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock with Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink. ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers were used to color the image. 022 Carmine Red was added to the tips and 050 Yellow to the center. Rather than using water to blend the two colors, the yellow marker was used to blend the two colors together. When doing this you need to have a paper towel close by because the lighter marker will become contaminated with the darker color and you need to frequently clean it off to have a true yellow again.
When the color was complete and dried I wanted to cut it out using a pierced oval die, but I didn't want to lose the leaf so I did a little off the edge die cutting and then fussy cut around the leaf. I like the way it turned out.
A rectangle of Gina K. Designs Fresh Asparagus Cardstock was cut using a stitched rectangle die and adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive. Sticky back foam was added to the back of the focal image oval, which was adhered in place with liquid glue. The final embellishment was to scatter some gold sequins around the image.
· Gina K. Designs Santa Rosa Mini
· Gina K. Designs Delightful Blooms
· ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 050 Yellow, 022 Carmine Red, 043 Olive Green, 053 Yellow Green
· My Favorite Things Pierced Oval STAX
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory and Fresh Asparagus Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Barely Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold Sequins
· Darice Sticky Back Foam