Rose Bowl Thinking of You
My roses are starting to bloom. I hope to have some vases full of pretty flowers soon.
The image was stamped onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock with Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink. I wanted really dark red roses and I just wasn't getting that with watercolor markers, so I pulled out some Distress Re-inkers to color the image and used very little water. I wanted a soft background so I used very watered down Tumbled Glass re-inker. It is much easier to do this before you color the image. Afterwards you have to be extremely careful not to pull the red ink into the background, but it turned out okay.
I don't believe there is a coordinating die for this design, but I wanted to add some pretty visual interest to the card, so I pulled the Spellbinders Candlewick Rectangle to cut down the image. It add a lovely circle patterned on the edge. To help this detailed edge standout, a rectangle of Gina K. Designs Island Blue Cardstock was adhered behind with dotliner adhesive. To add some dimension, Darice Sticky Back Foam was added behind the rectangle, which was adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase.
The final embellishment was to add some clear bubble droplets. I really like the Trinity Stamps Bubble Blowout Drops because it has some very small droplets.
· Penny Black Rose Bowl
· Gina K. Designs Delightful Blooms
· Distress Re-inkers: Aged Mahogany, Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Weathered Wood
· Spellbinder’s Candlewick Rectangle
· Trinity Stamps Bubble Blowout Drops
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Island Blue Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Barely Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Darice Sticky Back Foam