Riotous Wildflowers Thinking of You
I went to my completed card to find a thinking of you to send to someone I felt needed a little pick me up and only had one on had, so I decided to make some more. All-in-all I made seven different cards. They were all gold embossed onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth and watercolored with various mediums.
I really like this background stamp, it has such pretty roses. I wanted to color some of them red and often when watercoloring you get pink when water is added to a red pigment. I have found that I can get a true red when using Karin Brushmarkers. I like the combination of red and yellow, with a little blue accents on the small flowers.
Once the watercolor was the panel was cut down using a stitched rectangle and adhered to a black cardstock mat, which I think really makes the colors pop. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back and it was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase.
The sentiment was stamp on a scrap of black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed. It was cut down using a Honey Bee Sentiment Banner and adhered with the same foam tape.
· The Ton Riotous Wildflowers
· Altenew Thinking of You
· Karin Brushmarker Pro: 209 Red, 283 Gold, 045 Royal Blue, 281 Olive Green
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Tombo Mono Multi Glue
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Honey Bee Stamps Sentiment Banner